Natural Acupuncture &
West 34th Street,
Suite 903 (near 5th Ave),
New York, New York
New Hyde Park
(Long Island) office
1334 5th Ave
New Hyde Park, NY 11040
>> Meet the Acupuncture Doctor
Why You Should Choose Dr. Chen
1. Dr. Chen has a formal education including advanced medicine. Dr Chen has 11 years in total of medical education and received his bachelor, Master and Ph. D in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
2. Dr. Chen's background is a combination of knowledge in Western medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine, he spent 5 years in regular medical education, 3 years on his master degree in acupuncture, and 3 years on his Ph.D degree in acupuncture.
3. Dr. Chen has more than 26 years experience in practice of acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, practicing both Acupuncture and Chinese herbs since 1986. His herbal formulas are tailored to each individual patient. Dr. Chen is a noted publisher with 15 professional books and more than 100 articles on acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
4. Dr. Chen uses a special needle technique and has provided wonderful results. He learned his technique from the renowned acupuncturist teacher, Dr. Qiu Mao Liang, who is considered the most famous acupuncture doctor in Chinese and has a reputation worldwide.
5. We accept most Health Insurance plans.
(more about the
insurance programs we accept)
6. We offer a
location and personable customer service. Our office is located across from the Empire State Building, with access from most Subway and Train stations and many bus routes. Our treatment rooms provide privacy, and are clean and quiet. During your treatment we will offer relaxing music.
Acupuncture Clinical Experience
- 20 years acupuncture clinical experience in the treatment of many
diseases including: Diabetes, Gastritis, Hypertension, Sequellae of
Apoplexy, Chronic Bronchitis, Facial Paralysis, Neurosis, Cervical Spondylopathy,
Periarthritis of Shoulder, Sciatica, Rheumatism, Rheumatoid and other
pain-related diseases Expertise in Single Point Therapy
Acupuncture Teaching Experience
- More than 26 years experience teaching acupuncture internationally
- The President of Natural Acupuncture and Wellness since 2005
- Professor at NYCTCM from January 2002 to 2004 • Courses taught included: Meridian & Points Location 1, CNT and Needle Techniques, TCM Diagnosis, TCM Syndrome Analysis, Herbal Introduction, Case Analysis I andII, Point Lab II, and NCCAOM Examination Review.
- Professor at FITCM from January 2001 to December 2001 • Courses taught included: Fundamentals of TCM, Introduction of Channel and Point, Acupuncture: Channels and Point, Advance Needle Techniques, Herbal Medicine, Chinese Herbal Patent Formulas, TCM Diagnosis and Differentiation, and TCM Internal Diseases Treatment, TCM History.
- Taught in Egypt from March 1998 to October 1999 • Courses taught included: Foundational Theory of TCM, TCM Diagnosis and Differentiation, Meridian, Acupoint, and Needle Techniques.
- Taught at Acupuncture Treatment Nanjing University of TCM from September 1994 to June 1997 • Course taught included: Meridians, Acupoints, Needle Technique and Acupuncture Treatments.
Awards of Distinction
- Young Scientist Prize and Title, October 1991
- Science and Technology Association, JilinProvince
- China New Star of Science and Technology Honor, December 1993
- National Science and Technology Ministry
- Listing in “China Famous Doctor Dictionary”, December 1992
- China Famous Doctor Committee
- Studied Diabetes Treatment with Acupuncture and Moxibustion
- Jilin Science and Technology Prize for
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Bureau of Jilin Province in October 1991
- Zhang Jiyou TCM Clinical Research Prize for ‘Studies on Single Point Therapy of Acupuncture and Moxibustion’ ”. by Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica, Jilin Province, March 1993
- Jilin Excellent Science and Technology Prize for ‘Studies on Single Point Therapy of Acupuncture and Moxibustion’ ”. By Jilin Science and Technology Committee, September 1993
- Jilin Excellent Science and Technology Prize for ‘Studies on Single Point Therapy of Acupuncture and Moxibustion’ ”. by Jilin Province Government, October 1993
- China New Star of Science and Technology Prize for ‘Studies on Single Point Therapy of Acupuncture and Moxibustion’ ”. by National Science and Technology Ministry, Beijing, China, December 1993
- Jiangsu Science and Technology Improvement Prize for ‘Clinical and Experimental Studies on Atrophic Chronic Gastritis Treated by Acupoint Injection Therapy’ ”. by Science and Technology Committee of Jiangsu Province, December 1998
- Jilin Chang Bai Mountain Books Prize for ‘Chinese Single Point of Acupuncture and Moxibustion’ ”. by Jilin Publish Bureau, July 1993
- Jilin Excellent Scientific Article Prize for ‘The function self-promoting and counter-promoting of Five Elements Theory’ ”. by Science and Technology Association, Jilin Province, September 1988
- Jilin Excellent Scientific Article Prize (Number one) for ‘Control theory of Differentiation of TCM’ ”. by Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Materia Medica, Jilin Province, January 1990
- China New Century Theory Prize for ‘The Influence on HP from Chronic Atrophic Gastritis by Acupoint-injection Therapy’ ”. by China New Century Theory Committee, December 1998
Scientific Research Awards
- Studies on Diabetes Treatment with Acupuncture and Moxibustion”. November 1988 pass the identification and appraisal by Science and Technology committee, Jilin Province, China.
- Studies on Scientific Essence of Five Elements Theories”. July, 1993. Passed the identification and appraisal by Science and Technology committee, Jilin Province, China.
- Studies on Single point therapy of Acupuncture and moxibustion”. July, 1993. Passed the identification and appraisal by Science and Technology committee, Jilin Province, China.
- Studies on Origination and Development of the Meridians and Collaterals Theories”-- “National Climb Plan”. National Scientific item for research during 1989-1993. December 1997 passed the identification and appraisal by Science and Technology committee, Jilin Province, China.
- Clinical and Experimental Studies on Atrophic Chronic Gastritis Treated by Acupoint Injection Therapy”. December 1997 pass the identification and appraisal by Science and Technology committee, Jiangsu Province, China.
Publications - See excerpts and mail order
Author of 15 books, 100 research articles with works cited in 32 medical journals
- Single Point Acupuncture and Moxibustion for 100 Diseases (English version), 2011
- The Clinical Application of Double Point of Acupuncture and Moxibustion Therapy (English version), 2007
- Simplified Review for National Examinations in Acupuncture and Clean Needle Technique (English version), 2003
- 100 Diseases Treated by Single Point of Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 2001
- Complete Collection of Chinese Acupuncture and Moxibustion for Beauty and Anti-aging (English version) , 2001
- Acupuncture in American, 2011
- A Complication of TCM of 15 years, 2011
- The Chinese Single Point Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 3rd Edition, 2000
- Chronic Gastritis, 2000
- Hand and Foot Acupuncture Therapy, 2000
- The Chinese Double Points Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1998
- Complete Collection of Micro-Acupuncture Therapy, 1997
- The Chinese Multiple Points Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1995
- Complete Collection of Traditional Therapy, 1995
- The Chinese Single Point Acupuncture and Moxibustion, 1995
- International Journal of Medicine (6 articles)
- Korea Journal of Medicine (14 Articles)
- National Journal of Medicine (50 Articles)